(ee-mon-sip-ar-ay) – it means ‘to liberate’!
Your Path To Financial Freedom Begins Here…
The financial advisor/planner for people who think they can’t afford one. Don’t pay way too much!
Advice-Only, Flat-Fee. Fee-Only. Fiduciary. Honest. Ethical. Altruistic. Transparent. Inexpensive. No Start-Up Fee!
You’ll love us if…
- You want inexpensive, comprehensive, year-round financial guidance, mentoring, and advice
- You want a one-time, clear, personalized, precise guide/roadmap to your financial independence or retirement date, not a rough metric
- You want to know the actual mathematical date you can safely retire or be financially independent
- You’re in your 30s-50s and don’t want to work until you’re 65
- You’re think you’ll have to work until you die
- You want the best retirement possible
- You want a mentor, to understand your current investments and fees (do you, currently?)
- You need strategic tax planning (forward looking) not tax preparation (backward looking)
We currently have just 5 new client openings for this year.
We’re different – very different! We formed our inexpensive, ethical, advice-only, flat-fee fee-only fiduciary investment advisor/retirement planning company to help those who want an early exit from the hamster wheel (FIRE), or need to make up for lost time in preparing for retirement, their children’s education, and other life goals.
Who else has transparent, up-front and understandable pricing? We don’t bleed you out on AUM rate-table fees from your investment account, where you can’t see them, or charge more just because you have more!
- Comprehensive, inexpensive, year-round financial guidance, mentoring/teaching, and advice.
- One-time retirement/life/investing/FIRE plans – your roadmap to the rest of your financial life and goals
- One-time tax planning/review to prepare a strategy for this year and future years
- Virtual, private education/mentoring on investing, FIRE, retirement planning, and many other personal finance topics
- Pralana Retirement Calculator file review/analysis
- One-off meetings/projects for a very low hourly charge
- Never again missing an important financial date, hack, or opportunity.
- Keeping our costs and the funds we recommend ultra low, so that every possible dollar goes toward your investment growth.
- Keep your financial plan simple and easy to understand, a simple living document not a one-time huge file.
- Ensure that your investments are in line with your own personal risk tolerance, income needs, and timeline, so you can sleep well!
- Make sure you don’t pay a dollar more than you need to for taxes
- Not casting you aside because you don’t have $500,000 or $1,000,000 to get started.
We are veteran-owned! See the common questions/answers on this page, our FAQ page, and our Rates page for further detail. We look forward to working with you!
Answers to a few questions
We’ll answer your most common questions below. For any we don’t address, head to our FAQ page or use the fields at the bottom of this page to reach out.
The Emancipare Difference
We are an inexpensive, ethical, honest, flat-fee, fee-only fiduciary financial advisory. Please review the table below that compares us to typical advisors. See our Services and Rates page for more details, and to get started.
|Advice-Only, Flat-Fee, Fee-Only, Fiduciary||Conflicts of interest? Complex AUM fees? Commissions? Loads?|
|$897 Life/Retirement/FIRE plan ($299/month x 3)||$2,250 retirement plan|
|$249/month ($2,988/year) Ongoing Comprehensive Financial Guidance||Big start-up fee, $5k-$10k/year cost, complex, high fees 1% of assets and up|
example: $500,000 @ 1% fee = ~$417/month! $1m = ~$834/month!
|$199 private personal finance/investing courses||They don’t teach, it would put them out of a job!|
|$199 hourly fee (no meter, includes prep and up to 1 hour meeting)||$250+ hourly fee|
|Simple, understandable, passive investing recommendations||Complex investing, many funds|
|Education as a priority||No client education|
|Fewer clients, quick response||Large client rosters|
|Advice-only, keep your assets under your control||Tiered, complex, expensive asset management fees|
|No minimum net worth/assets||$250,000 to $500,000 minimum|
|Awesome client portal and tools you can use on your own||Stodgy, expensive, old-school client tools for advisors/planners only|
|Sources: Kitces Fee Trends, Kitces Report 2021|
Areas of Expertise
Below are just a few of the areas that we commonly help with. See our Services and Rates page for more details, and to get started.
Forbears of the FIRE Movement
The Financial Independence/Retire Early (FIRE, or just FI) movement is ...
EIA Review of Netflix’s Madoff: The Monster of Wall Street
Welcome to our review of the new Netflix documentary Madoff: ...
Emancipare’s Eat the Rich: The Gamestop Saga Review
We took some time this past weekend to watch and ...
Our Partners and Platform
Our partners are carefully chosen to match our core values – secure, easy to use, inexpensive, honest, ethical, fun, high-tech!
Trust & Will is a great way to get these important legal documents in place at an affordable price. We partner with them to guide you and check your progress!
Riskalyze is our fun, visual tool for gauging your individual risk tolerance – a step most advisors skip or just fudge! Sleep well at night with investments that align with your personality and goals.
Holistiplan – incredible tax strategy/analysis!